RULES FOR PARTICIPANTS
1. The European Cycling Challenge 2016 – ECC2016 takes place from 1st to 31st May 2016.
2. It is possible to join the Challenge until May 31st.
3. Join your City Team and throughout the month of May track your bike-trips with the Cycling365 free App – see point 7, 8, 9 for the description of valid journeys.
4. If you don’t have a smartphone, you can manually insert your bike-trips. Anyway, there it is possible to insert manually up to 6 trips per day.
5. If you join to ECC2016 after May 1st, you can insert trips made during the previous days.
6. All kinds of bicycle are allowed – owned or rented, bike-sharing, electric bicycles, cargo bike, etc.
7. All trips made by bicycle are accepted if the bicycle is used as a means of transportation. For instance, trips to and from workplace or school, to shopping, to visit friends, to go to the cinema or to the swimming pool.
8. Sport activities are not allowed.
9. Trips with an average speed higher than 30 km/h AND a maximum speed higher than 45 km/h are not valid for the challenge, thus for the city leaderboard, but only for the statistical leaderboard. The same will be for trips longer than 35 km.
10. It is possible to join a City Team if you live in the city or you travel to/from/across the city.
11. In the "City Leaderboard " only the km of the part of the trip made within the borders will be counted. In the “Statistic Leaderboard” all km of any journey will be counted.
12. It is possible to join only one City Team.
13. It is possible to join a subteam for each category (companies, schools, groups).
14. The only two official leaderboards are: the “City Leaderboard” and the “Best Cycling City Leaderboard”. All the other leaderboards have only a statistic meaning.